|Wall and Floor
|Flash Point Deg Celsius
|29 Degree Celsius
Lokfix S is used for high strength corrosion resistant anchoring of bolts and bars from 10 - 51mm diameter into concrete, rock, masonry or brickwork where high speed of installation and early application of load is required.
Permanent installation of reinforcement starter bars, foundation bolts, base plates, balustrading, barriers and safety fences, railway tracks, tie-back anchors, reinforcement dowelling abutments,
ground anchors for towers, cranes, dock sills.
Lokfix S is used where the difference between the hole diameter and bar diameter is < 25mm. It is not meant for overhead or horizontal applications.
- Rapid strength gain
- Vibration resistant
- Corrosion resistant
- Non expansive
- Can be placed under water
Method of Application
Hole preparation and formation
- Optimum performance of Lokfi x requires rough sided, dust free holes. Uses of rotary percussive drills with air or water fl ushing is recommended.
- Diamond drilled holes should be under-reamed unless necessary safety factors are incorporated.
- Cast holes should preferably be inverse dovetail configuration.
- If parallel sides holes are cast they should be rough to provide adequate keying.
- All bars should preferably be degreased and all flaky rust removed.
- A complete pack of resin and catalysed filler should be mixed in one operation. Mixing may be carried out mechanically. When a smooth, even consistency is achieved the grout is ready for use and should be placed well within the gel time of the grout (See datasheet).
- Packs have been designed to produce practical and economic volumes of grout.
- Do not attempt to mix partial pack components.
- The grout should be poured steadily into the prepared holes.
- The anchor bar is then pressed into the hole to the required depth.
- Slight agitation of the bar will assist in achieving a complete bond. The bar should then be left undisturbed in the required position until the resin is set.
Fosroc offers a comprehensive range of high performance, high quality concrete repair and construction products. In addition, Fosroc offers technical support service to specifi ers, end-users and contractors, as well as on-site technical assistance in locations all over the country.
Design criteria The version of Lokfi x grout to be used will depend upon ambient temperature and anchor conditions.
The high strength of the cured resin permits strong anchors to be created. The ultimate bond strength developed depends upon:
Strength of host material
Length of resin bond to bar
Hole preparation and formation
Type and dimension of bar
The following formula may be used to determine the minimum depth of installation for Type 1 rebar bolts, to ensure the shear stress within the concrete is kept within the limits set out in BS 8110.
S is permitted shear stress in concrete (N/mm2 )
d1 is bar diameter (mm)
d2 is hole diameter (mm)
This formula is used typically as shown in Table 1.
Compressive strength : After the minimum time required before loading the grout typically attains a compressive strength in excess of 20N/mm2 and an ultimate compressive strength of 70N/mm2 in 7 days ( 50mm x 50mm x 50mm) when tested as per BS 6319 Part 2 : 1983. Chemical resistance : The cured resin is resistant to fresh and salt water, petrol, oils, grease and most acids, alkalis and solvents.
Selection of grout version
The version of Lokfi x chosen will depend on anchor conditions ( see description)